Friday, January 22, 2010

Bleeding offspring and the loss of the pyrex

One thousand pardons to my 8 readers, I've been sick (read lazy) and trying to catch up to my tv on-line.

We had a quiet Christmas this year and an even quieter new year, just the critters and I. Booker Todd didn''t even make it 'til midnight.

Christmas eve had us scarfing down our turkey and it was an early night. Clawdette reasserted her dominant position over her skin siblings and had them both bleeding by the time they left. The kids left me hanging in the a.m. and I had all the housework done by 9 and Clawdette had already consumed her crouton by the time they finally arrived.

Did the present thing, Buzz gifted me with a printer/scanner/copier/fax that I'm sure has the capability of launching satellites. Pretty daunting for a techno-phobe like me. I'm still battling with Ruby and have yet to print anything.

Buzz received a gps which he programmed with Christopher Walkens voice. Great merriment ensued on the way to Grandma's house on boxing day, turn left at 600 yards (>/big pause) meters.

We spent Christmas day in front of the box watching the first season of SOA borrowed from a friend (thanks Kevin) I'd been jonsing to see it for so long I was in a near catatonic state, it didn't disappoint. I watch season deux on-line, and I'll buy it as soon as I'm able and watch it on the big screen.

The pyrex, my mother-loving 4 cupper, flew out of the fridge and shattered on the floor. Not so bad you may think....BUT....it contained the left over gravy. We wept.

The 27th was an interesting day, we had a gas filled house, an incontinent cat, a cut finger, an empties spill, olive oil in the cheezies and ran out of propane for the 1/2 bbq'ed steaks. I was a quivering mess and went to bed by 6.

Sado slept through Christmas, *The Dullard* hid, and the other two over ate, so that's about right.

Buzz finally managed to pass his virus onto my person about 10 days ago, it's all in my head, sinus, ear, eye, banging headache and copious amounts of snot and phlegm. I've said it before if phlegm were an olympic event....

Like I said I've been watching a lot of shows. Sanctuary, SOA, Weeds, Dexter, True Blood and my new fave Breaking Bad. All great in their own way and made the ebola/bohunka a little easier to bear, hopefully that'll be it for awhile 'cause the joints are pretty good right now and the sun is out a little every day. The snow peas are peeking out already and the magnolia is even budding.

I long for spring and the wherewithal to work my new launcher.





http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=142950&id=660476594&l=34a730d84e

No comments:

Post a Comment